It’s finally here! It’s May, we have great weather and some of us already have holiday plans.
Since we always want to look our best, even without having our entire wardrobe with us, here are your summer essentials.
1. When you are backpacking or simply don’t want to carry a suitcase all the time, a backpack is ideal. Especially when it’s as pretty as this one. Backpack – Herschel
2. Summer means bare feet! For those sporadic moments when you really need to wear something, wear cute sandals or flip-flops. Sandals – Hippie market Ibiza
3. You want to tame your wild manes but you’re on a camping sight. No worries! This baby is cordless and works on energy cells. Cordless straightener – Braun
4. You’ll be your fashionable self on the beach, even on budget. Strapless bikini – H&M
5. Summer temperatures ask for summer colors, this one here works in all situations. When you’re already tan or still getting there, it’s always a success. Coral pink nail polish – Kiko
6. In between the shopping, partying and sightseeing you’ll need some relaxation. Take some time on the beach, just tanning and reading. If you were a fan of Eat Pray Love you should really read the follow up. Committed: a love story – Elizabeth Gilbert
7. A great scent for summer. Lovely flowers but not too heavy. Perfume Daisy – Marc Jacobs
8. Not into reading that much? Tanning and a summer playlist are a great combination as well.
Grouplove – Tongue Tied
Maroon 5 – Lucky Strike
Rita Ora – Party and Bullshit
Keep your head up – Ben Howard
Go Outside – Cults
The Late Great Cassiopia – The Essex Green
Klangkarussell – Sonnentanz
Robin Thicke, T.I. and Pharell Williams – Blurred Lines
Daft Punk and Pharell Williams – Get Lucky
Major Lazer – Watch out for this
9. With a summer tan there is no need for a lot of make-up. Add a little mascara and this great in-between for a gloss and lipstick and you are done. Chubby Stick ‘Two Ton Tomato’ – Clinique
10. If your skin tone is light, you probably won’t get that great tan without some preparation. Make sure you use a good sunscreen, preferably a higher SPF for your face, to avoid sunburn. Sunscreen SPF 25 – Kruidvat
11. The easiest protection for your eyes are some great looking sunglasses. Literally easy on the eyes in both ways. Sunglasses – Carrera
12. Warm yourself with a soft sweater on chilly evenings. Aztec print sweater – Pull and Bear
13. And for those evenings that you rather go out, take a clutch with you. This little thing is big enough for all necessary items. Clutch – Forever 21
14. Making memories and putting them in print. For everyone with limited budget and packing space, this one is ideal. Not too expensive, not too complicated but still with all possibilities. Digital camera – Sony Cybershot
15. Carry your favorite drink with you anywhere in style. Hip flask – Urban Outfitters
16. Last but not least, to actually start your holiday it would be nice to be able to enter the country. Don’t forget a valid passport!
And besides that don’t forget some good friends, a good mood and a great smile.
Enjoy your holidays!